Monday, April 28, 2014

CPPD Event

The Center for Professional Development program that I attended was the new teacher, young teacher, student teacher dinner. The one that I went to was at the Hoss’s in Lewistown featuring Dr. Ewing as the host.

It was a great opportunity. I got to share resources that worked well for me as well as talk about activities that work well for others. I meet up with other student teachers and we caught up on issues we may be having in the classroom what we can do to fix them and what is working really well. I also had a chance to bring quite a few resources home from Penn State CPPD.


The burning question that I had for all of the teachers was “What do you do when you see IEP accommodations hindering a student’s education rather than helping them?” The answer I got was “always follow their IEP regardless of whether you agree with it or not, just ask to be invited to their next meeting and express your issues then. 

This was a great opportunity to learn from other teachers, through this even I realize that one cannot succeed in this profession without others. I learned that in this profession we need others to learn from. 

No comments:

Post a Comment